Boys' Adventures


Here's what these silly boys have been up to lately:
*The highlight of everyone's day is reading books at night with Daddy. When William was 2 he loved the nursery rhyme book. Henry's favorite book right now is "On a Scary Scary Night". It's a book where you look for objects in the pictures, but Nathan has made up a story to go along with the pictures. At first, Henry was so scared by the story that he couldn't finish the book!! He would say he was too scared and close it and put it away. But, he asked to read it every night. So funny! He can now make it through the whole book and LOVES it. He calls is "scary castle book." Nathan is so creative when he reads to the boys and they just eat it up.

*William and Henry are the best of friends. After I had put them to bed one night, this was their conversation yelling through the wall.
H: Wee-o! Wee-o!
W: What Henry?
H: Umm... Play with me
W: You want me to play with you?
H: Umm yes.
W: Well, I can't right now because it's bedtime. Go to sleep and we can play in the morning.
H: Ok.

*When Henry says William's name it comes out "Wee-o". William is very upset about this because he thinks he's saying "Rio" and calling him a nickname. I have explained to William many times that he is trying to say William. They finally had a conversation about it and Willliam is ok with it now.
W: Oh. Are you just trying to say my name?
H: Yeah! Wee-o!
W: Oh ok.



*William started preschool at the end of August. It's taken him a little bit of time to adjust to the class because he didn't know anyone there. Now he is enjoying it. We both really love his music class that he does too. He looked so cute on his first day! Notice Henry in the back pouting about his brother leaving.
Henry is adjusting to the school schedule too. He misses William a lot. He is constantly asking "Wee-o go?" When I tell him he's at school he says "Ohhh" in a sad way. We went to the grocery store and he kept looking behind him in the cart to talk to William. So sad and cute at the same time.

*Henry sleeps with so many things in his bed! When he gets up he tries to carry them all to our room or downstairs. He HAS to have 2 "bankets", teddy bear, doggy, froggy, and usually a few more. I seriously don't know how he carries them all. The funny thing is that when you go to put him to bed he will immediately notice if anything is missing and which one it is. He is a very cuddly kid.

*William did a day camp all about volcanoes. He even made one and got to take it home and show us how it works. He colored the volcano picture for about 3 days. He had such a fun time!
*Henry has a mischievous side to him- quite a large one actually. This is him in our bed at 11:00pm with the ipad. Nathan and I were downstairs watching tv. We came upstairs to go to bed and this is what we found. He was not happy to be caught. I have no clue how long he had been there. We put him to bed almost 2 hours earlier. Earlier this week he had a really hard 24 hour period. In just 24 hours he: ate 1/2 a pound of See's chocolates, colored on the table, pulled every paper out of a drawer and ripped them, drawn on my white bedspread with blue pen, wet his pants, and helped himself to an apple juice box and sprayed it all over the couch and ottoman! Wow. It takes him less that 5 minutes to destroy something. It's not that he is left unattended. He was with a sitter for the chocolates, but the rest of those I am just not quite faster than he is! He'll color on something really fast, throw the crayon one direction and run the opposite direction while I am looking at him! It's almost as if he has a plan and executes it very well. He doesn't need time to think. He just acts. I'm sure we'll survive this stage. He's just a little crazy. He's so sweet and cuddly the rest of the time that you can't help but kiss on him and overlook all the naughtiness!

Comments

Amanda said…
I think it's so funny that Henry & Lexi both sleep with fifty things. And I also like how you use the word mischievious for Henry. It worries me because I used to say Blake reminds me of the Henry I knew as a baby, but now I'm scared he's gonna be a handful someday! Haha