Happy 4th of July!

 I have really come to LOVE the 4th of July. It is so fun to celebrate it in Utah! Everyone is so patriotic. This year it felt like we got to celebrate for the whole week because my cousin, Corinne came to stay with us for a few days. We had so much fun with her! We took her swimming and mini bowling. On Monday afternoon I thought it would be fun for us to paint our toes while the boys were napping. William woke up while we doing it. He had such a hard timing understanding why he couldn't have paint and flower stickers on his toes. I felt so bad for him! So I gave in and let him have clear nail polish and one white flower. Then Henry woke up. I couldn't explain why William could do that and he couldn't. So Henry got the same treatment. Daddy was really not happy about it when he got home. Oh well! :-)


For the 4th, I got up around 4:30 am again to go save us a spot for the parade. Bryan, Jennie, James, and Corinne joined us. The spot I saved was right next to a live DJ. He did some fun activities in the street before and during the parade. Nathan and Bryan surprised my by taking the boys out to dance with the kids. It was cute! James looks so much like William when he was a baby. The boys really love to smother him. Stephanie Nielson was the grand marshall in the parade. She was burned in a plane crash a few years ago. Her blog is very inspirational and she is a great missionary! It was so neat to see her in person.

After the parade we came home for lunch and naps. Later that evening Garret, Karli, Grandma Cookie, and Grandpa came over for a bbq. Afterwards we took Corinne to fireworks with us. Another great 4th of July! We hope Corinne comes back to visit soon!








Comments

Amanda said…
Looks like you guys had so much fun! Wow, Corinne looks so grown up and so much like Scott! And Bryan & Jennie's baby is sooo cute! Love those cheeks! So sad I wasn't able to be there with you (and mooch off of your amazing parade seats). Your parade sounds much more impressive/fun than mine. But where is the picture of the Institute float you took for me? Next year I'll try to get a picture of all of the political ones here:)