Copper Mine

 In honor of Henry's 2nd birthday we took the boys to the Kennecott Copper Mine to see the big trucks. It was really cool! I didn't know what to expect. I had just heard that little boys love it. They have a visitors' center with a really neat movie and displays that teach you and show you how they mine copper and other minerals out of the canyon. Henry had so much fun. It was really cute! When we took him outside to see the actual mine he was just amazed to see all the big trucks driving around. He also loved the displays of miniature trucks in the visitors' center. He definitely had a melt down when we made him get in the car.


 This is the mine. It is one of 2 (I think) man made structures that is big enough to see from outer space.
 This an actual tire from one of the big dump trucks. When I say "big" I mean gigantic. We saw a few of them in the mine pit and then we saw a school bus next to one and the school bus looked like a matchbox car. One tire costs around $20,000 and they have to be replaced about every 9 months or so. In the first picture with William you can see a man compared to the size of the dump truck. It was crazy to see! It was a fun outing and now the boys have seen where copper comes from.

Comments

Karli said…
I love that first picture of Henry! He looks so cute!
Candace said…
wow! that is unreal!

You guys are such fun parents. What a creative way to celebrate his birthday!
Amanda said…
(I can't believe I'm just now reading this post for the first time) That looks so cool and huge! I can't believe you can see that pit thing from outter space! That would be cool to see in person