Bryan's Engaged!!!!!

Bryan asked Jennie to marry him on January 28th and she said yes!!! We are so thrilled!!

Nathan and I got to help Bryan with the proposal and it was so much fun! Jennie knew that Bryan was going to propose soon, so it was difficult to find a way to surprise her. Bryan had me call Jennie and have her help me plan a surprise birthday party for him. We spent about 2 weeks planning the birthday party. We bought decorations, called family members, sent out invitations, set up for the party, etc. Jennie even made cute sports cupcakes for the party.

While Jennie went to pick up Bryan from work, Nathan, Gayle, and I took all the birthday decorations down and set up for the proposal! It was difficult to keep track of the intricate made-up party plans! The hardest part was when Jennie called me a few minutes before she got to Bryan's house to ask if all of her family members had arrived! I just had to lie through my teeth and say that everyone was there and we were already to yell "Surprise" when they got here! Jennie was totally surprised when they opened the door and didn't hear anyone yelling. After he proposed, they ate dinner and came over to the clubhouse to join all of our family members for an engagement party. We are excited for the wedding on May 6th!
How Bryan's house looked when Jennie left


How the house looked when she came back!




The ring in a chocolate box from Jennie's favorite chocolate store




As we were finishing setting up, Henry ate a rose petal and threw up on the rug!





I almost forgot to mention... Just as I was getting ready to go help Jennie decorate for the bday party, William fell down and split his chin open. It was a deep cut and as soon as I saw it I knew he needed stitches. Bummer! So, Jennie was kind enough to watch Henry while I took William to the pediatrician to get 4 stitches. Of course, our regular pediatrician was out of the office, so his partner helped us. I had to explain to William that Dr. Freestone was gone, so his friend Dr. Wynn, would make him feel better. He was a little confused and kept calling the doctor by the wrong name. Oh well!
William was amazing!!! He didn't cry at all during the stitches!!! I really couldn't believe it. They strapped him in the papoose board and the assistant held his head still. He talked to the doctor and his assistant the entire time. They talked about Disneyland, Pirates of the Carribean, BYU basketball, Jimmer-fever, etc. The only thing he got upset about was when the assistant told him he could close his eyes and take a nap if he wanted to while the doctor stitched him up. He was adamant that he did not want to take a nap! He just kept saying "Oh thank you doctor." And the doctor would explain what he was going to do next and Wills would say "Ohhh, ok. Thank you. Thank you, Doctor Freestone."
We went back 5 days later to get the stitches out. It has healed nicely. And, William called the doctor his correct name, Dr. Wynn. What a great kid!

Comments

Amanda said…
Congratulations to Bryan!!! That's so exciting! I feel like Nathan's family just keeps growing and I need to meet these new family members. You guys did a good job setting everything up. And I love the chocolate ring box-very cute! William's such a funny kid. I was going to say poor William, but it seems like it didn't really affect him. lol
Amanda said…
Oh, and I also love how you casually threw in the part about Henry throwing up on the rug. lol
Amber said…
I love all the pictures. It just makes me giddy to look at the rose petals and the ring set-up!
Just a side-note of Dr. Wynn--was it Greg Wynn? B/c if it was, once upon a time he was in medical school and was in my family's ward and still keeps in touch w/my parents! I ran into him in the NICU from time to time. If it's not Greg, then it's his brother John. I don't know him though, so no fun tidbit.
I'm glad everything worked out with the stitches and the fake party and the engagement and the real party!
Heather said…
i love the chocolate box with the ring in it! Why didn't I get that? sheesh. Congrats to Bryan and Jennie! What a great story.
Unknown said…
What a brave boy. Oh I am so excited to tell Ben the exciting news about Bryan! Congrats to them:)