Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend we decided to go to Durango, Colorado to visit Grandma and Grandpa Monk. We had a blast! Here are some of the highlights...
Hand and Foot
One of our favorite things to do with Grandma and Grandpa is to play a card game called Hand and Foot. We play for hours and eat lots of yummy treats.
Grandma and Wills

Grandma Monk has the best toys: coasters, a spatula, and a metal bowl to bang them on!

Bryan was also there during the same time with some friends. They came over and we went fishing and had lunch. It was fun to see them.

We went up to Silverton, which is a small mining town about an hour north. We had lunch and toured the Old Hundred mine. Wills was awesome! They demonstrate lots of really LOUD mining equipment on the tour and he never cried. I couldn't believe how well he did.
Us inside the mine

Nathan and Wills in the mine

Wills and the laundry
And then it was time to pack up and go home... We had such a good time! Yeah for family vacations!

Comments

Michelle said…
We seriously love playing hand and foot! We can spend hours playing too!
Kristi said…
Hand and Foot is what we play at the Wilkins family reunions. Fun game!
Amber said…
You guys make great miners. That's a career you could consider if Nathan decides he needs a change :) Just ask Lynn.
I like hand and foot too. But I don't play it enough so I always feel like it takes a while for me to get the hang of it again. What a nice quick trip though.
Amanda said…
Oh, sounds like a really fun trip! Seriously, I'm sad that we weren't able to come
Stephanie said…
I didn't know I knew anyone else that played Hand and Foot! I'm so excited! We totally have to play with you guys some time!
Unknown said…
How fun! Do they know the Beck's?...they live in Durango too and I thought it was a small town.