Cabo

In April, we had the opportunity to take an amazing trip with some very good friends. We went to Cabo with 3 other couples. It was so much fun!! It was so nice to have a relaxing break from the stresses of life. I had my second carpal tunnel surgery about 4 weeks before we left. The first few days of my recovery went so much better than my first surgery. I thought I was in the clear until I got a fever and found out I had pneumonia! I guess I got some sort of bug in my lungs from the intubation during surgery. It knocked me out for several days. I'm so grateful for Nathan and several other friends who took my kids. It's just been a rough year of health issues for our family to deal with. Hopefully, my hands will be back to full function by the middle of summer.

So, we were super excited to get away for a week without our little boys. It had been several years since Nathan and I have had a vacation away together and the first time that we had traveled with friends. Mexico was so beautiful! The house we stayed and the beach were just gorgeous! My favorite part was traveling with our friends. It was constant entertainment! Nathan was sick for the first few day, but he was able to still relax by the pool. We ate delicious food every day, laid by the pool, tried to snorkel, took a boat ride, and just hung out. I feel very blessed to have spent some alone time with my sweet hubby, and to enjoy the company of such wonderful friends! And, we couldn't have done it without Heidi watching the boys back at home. They had a blast with her. She took them to museums, did crafts, cooked, cleaned, etc. After we dropped her off at the airport William said "Heidi is awesome." I couldn't agree more! We all had a good time and a much needed chance to rejuvenate.



















Comments