Carter's Blessing Day


On November 24th, we got to celebrate baby Carter and give him a blessing. It was such a special day. At the end of the day I was so filled with gratitude that I was emotional. I am so grateful for this sweet baby boy. What a joy and blessing he is. Also, I was overwhelmed by the support from our family. I am so blessed to have all four of my grandparents attend each of my sons' baby blessings. How incredible is that? I also was able to have both of my parents here for the event. It was so nice to be in a home that could comfortably accommodate everyone too.

Carter's full name is Carter Christopher Bleak. He is named after 2 of our pioneer ancestors: Christopher Layton (from my side of the family) and James Godson Bleak (from Nathan's side). Nathan wasn't too excited about having 2 sons with 4 names, so technically he shares a last name with James G. Awhile ago one of my uncles mentioned to me that both of these men were involved in the St. George temple. I skimmed parts of both of their histories and they both attended the dedication of that temple and were at other events together. James G. wrote/compiled the history that is sealed up in one of the towers of the temple. The city of Layton is named after Christopher Layton for his contribution in settling it. He also settled parts of Arizona. I'd like to believe that Christopher and James knew each other. I just think that is so neat! They each have amazing stories.
Christopher Layton

James Godson Bleak










Grandma and Grandpa Monk
Carter is their 5th great grandbaby.


Didn and Bunny (aka Gordon and Sharon Shields)
Carter is their 6th great grandbaby.










Comments