Cute Brothers

These boys are the best of friends and I LOVE it!! Here are some funny things that they have been up to lately.

Henry really struggles with nursery. It makes me laugh to hear other parents say that about their children because I have yet to meet any child that has as much anxiety about going as Henry does. I completely expect a bit of a transition period and some crying for the first few weeks or month. It's been over 6 months and he continues to cry for the entire 2 hours! He is so upset that Nathan can hear him down the hall in his office with the door closed. We have tried everything we can think of. I have stayed with him for several weeks and have tried letting him "cry it out" for several weeks. I've decided it's not that big of a deal for him to go. I really don't want to torture him. I'm sure that he will mature more over the next few months and have an easier time transitioning at that point. A couple of weeks ago I told him that he could go to nursery or sit on my lap in Sunday School (Just sit. No toys. No entertainment.) Obviously, he chose to sit with me. He sat with my for the entire class! No toys. Just being quiet and still so he wouldn't have to go back to nursery. And, I'm ok with that. I love to have him sit on my lap and be good. I think it is a happy compromise and if he gets bored enough, he can go play with toys in nursery. A few weeks ago as we were getting ready to head to nursery, William turned to Henry and said "If you need me, I will be in Primary. You know where to find me." How cute! William is so sweet to encourage Henry to have a good time in nursery every week.

In Primary, William learned about tithing. They got to fill out a tithing slip and put one of their ten pennies in the envelope and walk it down the hall to the Bishop. William thought this experience was so cool. He came home and told me all about it. He said "And then you take the envelope and give it to your dad." I explained that you actually give it to the Bishop or a member of the Bishopric. He adamantly said "NO. You give it to your dad." I said that his dad is the Bishop and that's why he gave it to his dad. He again said no. I was wrong. Haha!

William did a summer preschool program in June with one of his friends, Mylie. He loved it!! Henry, on the other hand, cried for William every time we dropped him off at school! So sad, but so sweet!

I heard Henry awake yesterday morning and I went into his room to get him out of his crib. I opened the door and his crib was totally empty. His blankets and stuffed animals (and Henry) were not in the crib. The recliner was turned away from me. As I walked in and started to panic that the crib was empty, Henry peeked his head around from the recliner and said hi. It was hilarious! It could not have been scripted any better than that. He was sitting the chair with his blankets waiting for me to come in. He then taught William how to crawl in and out of the crib. Now they can both do it. Oh fun!




Comments

Amanda said…
Such cute little boys!! I'm glad they get along so well now & actually like each other. Lol. Lexi still cries when we drop her off at nursery, but not for the whole time. When we let her take her blankie with her, it soothes her & she does better. I don't like that she takes it, but it's worth it for us. Does he have a favorite toy or something that's comforting that might help him? Just a thought.
Jenni & Stanton said…
I love that your boys love each other so much! That is the cutest thing! Poor Henry for thinking nursery is so torturous! And I love the tithing story! That's the best! These pictures are adorable! Handsome, handsome boys!!