Happy Birthday, Henry!

Henry turned 2 on June 10th! I can't believe he is so old. I feel like these past 2 years have really flown by. We had so much fun visiting the mine on Saturday and then on Sunday we had cake and opened presents. It was no surprise that 90% of his presents related to cars and trucks. He is really in love/obsessed with anything that moves- cars, trains, boats, construction equipment, etc. I made him a backhoe cake. I was a little worried that it wasn't turning out quite like I wanted it to. As soon as Henry saw it he went crazy! He just kept yelling "backhoe! Backhoe! Backhoe cake!" I figured if he could recognize it, it was good enough!The funniest thing was that when I started to put the brown sugar on for "dirt" he got very concerned. All of a sudden he did not want to eat the cake anymore because it had dirt on it. Haha! He really understood the whole present and wrapping paper idea, but he had a hard time blowing out his candles. William helped him with that. Such a fun, sweet, energetic little boy. What a blessing he is!

Here are his 2 year stats:
Weight:  29 pounds    78th percentile
Height:   37.75 inches  99.6th percentile

He says a ton of words and sentences. He can climb almost anything. He can count to 10 pretty well. And, he knows the last half of the abc's. He is still a really cuddly little boy who just adores his older brother!





Comments

Karli said…
That is such a cute cake! Good job!
Shauna said…
The cake is darling! Good job, William!! And Happy Birthday, Hemi GT....
Jenni & Stanton said…
Look at you! That cake is adorable! I can't believe your little guy is 2! He is such a handsome little boy!
Amanda said…
In the words of lexi, "happy birthday, doooood!" I can't believe howl fast he's growing up! I never realized he was that tall, but I guess it makes sense. And the cake is so cute! But I'm not surprised. Lol. I told mommy we're doing a small bday thing for Lexi in AZ & she said it has to be to "Stephanie's standards" & now I know it really has to. Lol
kedwards said…
So cute! Great job!
Rachel Hair said…
So cute!! I'm stealing your cake idea! I love it!
A Close Family said…
The cake is so dang cute!!! You are so talented.