Happy New Year's! and Farm Country


Our family tradition to celebrate New Year's Eve is to have a picnic in the basement as we eat delicious food and watch a movie. This year we had Brick Oven Pizza, 7 layer dip, dougnuts, candy, and some other things I can't remember now. It's pretty exciting for the boys to not have to eat at the table and to watch tv at the same time.


Nathan had a few days off of work at the beginning of January so we had some fun family outings. We really enjoyed Farm Country! We got to feed some farm animals, ride a pony, see how food gets from the farm to the store, and even milk a cow! Henry's favorite part is the moving conveyor belt that takes "food" from the farm to the truck to the store. I was so happy that I got to milk the cow with William! He got to learn about where milk comes from and how it is processed and gets to the store where we buy it. Milking a cow was one thing I really wanted to do when I was little. You could say it was on my bucket list. I still remember my Grandpa Monk taking me to a dairy farm to do it. It was really cool. I remember Grandpa's stories about how he used to have to milk cows as a chore and he could aim the milk right into a cat's mouth. So fun!









Comments

Amanda said…
Brick Oven, donuts & 7 layer dip are all the things I crave! Lol. If you love farm country, you should move to texas!:)