Ward Halloween Party

The week before Halloween we had a really fun ward party. We got dressed up, had a chili cook off, did a little trick or treating, and played some games. There were so many amazing costumes this year!!
I've been excited for William and Henry to be Batman and Robin for over a year now. It just makes me so happy to think of them as superheros fighting crime together. Haha! And, I just really enjoy dressing them in matching or coordinating outfits. I think they were the perfect age, too. William has a Batcave toy that he absolutely loves so he was thrilled to be Batman. Henry is happy to do whatever William is doing, but he doesn't care about the specifics so he was fine being Robin. I don't know any kid that asks to be Robin. We saw lots of other Batmans during Halloween, but no Robins. It was so perfect that Henry is young enough not to care. He knew he had a cape and mask like William and that was fun!
Now for the shocker... For some reason Nathan decided to go along with my idea to dress up as a family!!! Since I've known him, the most he's ever "dressed up" was putting on a baseball or football jersey. I think he felt like since he was the Bishop he should participate fully in the ward activity. So fun!!! He was the most recent version of Batman. He looked very handsome. All of my boys did! I was Catwoman. It really was so fun and I don't know when we will ever dress up as a family again. I definitely tried to enjoy the moment as much as possible despite a few complaints the "Big Batman" about being uncomfortable. A memorable experience for sure!


Henry kissing the kitty (It's rare that his is gentle with her.)
Catwoman with her cat :-)
This post just makes me laugh...

Comments

Kristen Van Noy said…
You guys look so great!!! Next year we are going to dress up as a family and I am already excited. We sure miss you guys!!!
Michelle said…
You are a supercute Catwoman! I love the coordinating costumes. How fun!
Heather said…
I love love the costumes!! I can't decide who looks the best, you all look so great!
Candace said…
You did such a good job finding costumes for everyone. This just makes me remember all those years of dressing up as M&M's, gypsies, raggedy anne and andy and trick or treating and trading candy after when we were kids. Such great memories!