Our Annual Durango Trip


We had so much fun in Durango this year! We decided to try a few things that we haven't done before. We visited the Fish Hatchery in downtown Durango. It was so cool! They have a small museum with lots of animals and a video about how they raise fish to put into the Colorado rivers. Outside they have ponds with the fish they are raising. There are so many fish! We had lots of fun feeding them.

Feeding the fish

The Durango Rec Center has become a favorite spot to visit. They have a really neat pool and slide for kids. Henry fell in love with the frog slide. Grandma is such a good sport to sit and watch us play.



The next day we went to a children's museum. It was also very fun. William's favorite part was digging to find fossils with Grandpa.



At the children's museum they had this 4 person bike that you could rent. I somehow convinced everyone to rent it. I can't even look at these pictures without laughing! It was hilarious! It was really hard to pedal and we got a few funny looks as we pedaled around the museum. At one point we were going up a hill and I didn't know if we would make it to the top. So fun! Grandma and Grandpa are so good to indulge us in our funny ideas.


And of course we spent a lot of time relaxing, enjoying the amazing scenery, chatting, and playing hand and foot!

Thanks for such a great vacation! Visiting Grandpa and Grandma in Colorado is something we look forward to every year. I'm so happy that our boys are old enough to have some great memories of our Colorado trips too!

Comments

Amanda said…
Wow, these are such cute pictures!! It made me laugh when I saw that cart thing. I bet it would have been more fun if I was there!:) one of mt favorite things about grandma & grandpa is that they always listened to us & did such fun, crazy things with us. Not many people would!
Candace said…
I love your stories! I love those little boys! I love Grandma and Grandpa Monk! I love Durango!