Grammy's New Knee and Coral & Tan 5.0!

At the end of February my mom had her knee replaced. I flew down with William and Henry to help her for a week. We had a really good time and it was fun to spend time with her. William was very attentive and concerned about her "big bandaid" and her "Ouwie." I'm pretty sure William had the time of his life: tons of new toys, snacks whenever he wanted, and endless movies on Grammy's bed.

While we were there we decided to celebrate my mom's birthday, even though it isn't until the end of March. My mom's favorite color is coral, so the party theme was "Coral and Tan 5.0". We had hoped that Amanda and Lexi would be there too, but it didn't work out so they joined us on Skype. It was so hilarious to have them on Skype the whole time! Amanda was so excited and I was just overwhelmed trying to cook enchiladas for 20 people, bake a delicious coconut cake (from scratch), care for my mom and the boys, and decorate the entire house. Thank goodness for Bunny and Didn to help me set up!

Amanda had this elaborate plan of how to reveal to my mom that this was her bday party. (We didn't tell her when it was coming because she kept saying she wouldn't come, so it was a surprise party at her own house. Not a complete surprise obviously...) Amanda downloaded some app with sirens on it. She and Lexi wore coral colored clothes and then put jackets/sweaters over them. My mom kept asking why they were so overdressed and Amanda just said it was really cold in their house. They talked to my mom for a while and then when the rest of the fam got there she sounded the sirens, ripped off their outer clothes to reveal the coral outfits, and put on the party hats she made. I could not stop laughing!!! My mom was saying "Wait! What's that noise?!? Why are there sirens going off? What's wrong?" and Lexi was just staring at Amanda. It was a priceless look. All in all, it was a great reveal. Good job Amada!


The Big Skype reveal!


William absolutely loves playing with my cousins. He called the glider his motorcyle and loved riding it with Robyn. I did not see him during the entire party because he was off running with the girls the whole time. It's so fun for me too because he loves it and they take such good care of him! They fed him, took him to the potty, etc. About 5 minutes after Mark and Cami said goodbye and left with their girls, the front door opened again and Claire pushed William into the house and said "Ok. Bye!" It was really cute! He asked about them the rest of the time we were there. "Where's Claire?" "Is Robyn coming to play today?"


Poor Henry continues to be overwhelmed by crowds, new people, and new places. He didn't enjoy the party as much as everyone else did. So sad!




My mom was such a good sport! She even admitted that she had fun. Amanda made this incredible book for her with pictures of her growing up and quotes from everyone in the family. I only helped a little bit.


My tired little boys after church!


On Monday, Kim, Tara, Carson, and Corinne drove over to go mini golfing with us. William loves mini golfing and almost everytime he sees Kim and Corinne they take him! It has become a great tradition that we look forward to!



Chillin in Grammy's bed! William's favorite spot.
Yay for trips to Phoenix! I'm glad we went, although it was probably more exhausting than restful for my mom to have us there... We wish Grammy a speedy and full recovery!

Comments

Amanda said…
I thoroughly enjoyed every piece of this post!! And the decorations for coral and tan look fabulous! Much better than via skype. Thanks for including me in the party. I forgot how mommy was just confused by the sirens and thought my smoke detector was going off. I still crack up laughing just thinking about it! That poor picture of henry made me sad though. Poor little boy! I'm excited for him to play with Lexi. She loves other babies and kids and gets so excited. Hopefully she doesn't scare or overwhelm him. Glad you had such a fun trip and thanks for the recap!!