Christmas in AZ!

We enjoyed our Christmas vacation to the Valley of the Sun! It was a busy trip. I'm glad we got to see so many people.




The first night there we went to my friend Natalie's house and had dinner with some of my friends from high school. It was so fun to see them! Our children had fun playing together and we had a blast catching up. It was just like the old days. Rachael and Emily are due to have babies soon and we are all so excited for them!

The next day we got together with the Monk side of the family for family pictures, dinner, and presents. The children looked so cute for their pictures! I can't wait to see how they turn out! I asked Nathan to take some pictures while the kids were opening presents because I was busy cleaning up after Henry. So, unfortunately all I have are pictures of William with people's legs, arms or torsos in them. It's so funny to me!! There seriously isn't anyone else's face in any of the pictures. I know I give Nathan a hard time about his picture taking skills.... I think he still needs some practice, though. Oh well! I guess he can't be good at everything. I stole some pics from Amanda, but she didn't have a ton of great ones either.




Henry getting his first taste of carbonation at lunch.





The Nativity on Christmas Eve is one of my favorite traditions!! I look forward to it every year. My family is pretty lacking in numbers when it comes to males. (I'm glad I can help out with that.) So, this year Joseph was played by Heidi. Henry got to be baby Jesus.


And little Lexi was literally the "star."
Her outfit was pretty great. I'm just sorry you can't see her gold shoes in this picture.
Baby Jesus admiring his gifts.



William was a shepherd.



Candace and Robyn as angels. So fitting for their personalities!




Christmas morning!
Christmas morning was so much fun this year with 3 little children! I made a really yummy breakfast casserole and some "Santa Bread" and apparently it was really good because after a few minutes of opening presents, people slowly disappeared to the kitchen to eat! We took a break from presents and ate breakfast and then finished up the gifts.


Amanda was really excited about the outfit we got Lexi.


Lexi was so cute in her pjs!
She decided to accessorize with her new sunglasses and pearl bracelet.



Henry and Lexi enjoying Henry's play mat from Santa.


Santa brought William some popcorn in his stocking. Grammy cooked it for him and had a similar experience to William's a few weeks ago.


We got to Skype with the Myers in Texas.


Outfit #2 for Lexi on Christmas Day


Nathan and Lexi hanging out


I just love Christmas! It was sad to say goodbye to Brian and Amanda again as they head to Texas. We're glad we got to see them one last time. We wish them luck!

Comments

Amanda said…
That was such a fun trip! I'm so glad we got to see you guys. Henry was the sweetest baby Jesus and William was cute too. I do love the outfit you gave Lexi. In fact, she's scheduled to wear it tomorrow:) can't wait for you to come visit us in Texas!!
Amber said…
I forgot that you knew Emily from freshman year from home. Weird :)
We can't wait for you to come to TX too. But don't worry about seeing Amanda--just come see us!
A Close Family said…
So fun! I like the last picture. Nathan needs a girl soon (and Emma wants one in the family too!).