Lexi's Blessing


Over Labor Day weekend (September 2nd - 6th) Henry and I got to travel to Vacaville, California for Lexi's blessing. It was Henry's first airplane ride and he did pretty well.

My mom usually asks around 3 people to pick her up from the airport. We tried to confuse her by not telling who would be there to pick her up. This time we told her we got her a driver and to look for a sign with her name on it. Bunny and Didn were kind enough to play along and held this sign for her at the airport. Amanda and I got a pretty good laugh out of it...


The 2 babies!
It was quite a challenge to go places with 2 tiny babies. Lexi was a few weeks old and Henry was 2 months old. People kept asking us if they were twins.



The first day there Amanda and I took the babies to the Jelly Belly factory. It was quite an adventure. They took turns crying on the tour, but it was so loud you couldn't hear them.


By the way, don't Amanda's bangs look so cute? She asked me to cut them and I cut them shorter than she wanted, but I think they look so good ;).





In Vacaville there is this really great ice cream parlor called Fenton's. (It was in the Disney movie "Up" too.) Saturday night we all went out for ice cream after a delicious dinner at Tom and Sylvia's.

And Sunday was the big day! We really missed Grandpa and Grandma Monk. Grandma was sick so she couldn't make it.

Grammy with her daughters and 2 newest grandbabies


Henry and Lexi


Lexi looked so beautiful in her dress. Grammy made her a beautiful bracelet for the occasion.

Lexi changes outfits a lot... Somebody likes to play dress up. This was her next outfit that day.

And this is my favorite picture of the weekend! We wanted to get a picture of both of them dressed up, but Lexi was hungry and tired. Henry did not know what to think of her.

Aunt Karin sent matching onesies to William, Henry and Lexi that say "My Auntie is the Best." We wanted to get some pictures of the babies in them. Unfortunately, it was the end of a very long day and the babies were having a hard time.

Grammy with the 2 babies. I just love her smile in this!


Bunny and Didn with the great-grandbabies


I wanted to make something special for Lexi. I have been learning how to quilt, so I made her this quilt. I think she liked it.

And then it was time to come home! Nathan and William were very happy for their souvenirs.

Comments

Amanda said…
Such a fun trip! We have such good memories from that weekend. If you thought I liked playing dress up, I can't wait to see what you think about her at Disneyland and the four outfits she wore that day. haha! I forgot to tell you that when I went to get my haircut the lady said my bangs "weren't that bad." So I guess that's kind of a compliment...:)
A Close Family said…
The pic with Henry looking at Lexi on the couch is my favorite! Ha ha, awesome! That quilt is so beautiful, steph! Way to go! I wish I could have seen it in person!