Welcome Baby Henry!!

We welcomed our little Henry into the world last night. We are so thrilled that he is finally here!

Henry Gordon Thomas Bleak
7 lb. 2 oz. 20 inches
Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:43 pm
His middle names are the middle names of his 2 living great grandpas, H. Gordon Shields and Coulam Thomas Monk. We think it's so neat that he has 2 great grandpas that are so excited to meet him.
His delivery went so quickly! I had been having contractions for about 2 1/2 weeks and had been dilated for to a 3 for that long too, so I knew my body was ready. I was up half of the night Wednesday with contractions and then they stopped, so we decided to go in for an induction on Thursday. We got to the hospital around 4:00 in the afternoon. They started pitocin at 4:30 and then the doctor broke my water. I asked for an epidural 15 minutes later because the contractions were so strong. I never really felt relieve from the epidural. I was in a ton of pain so a little after 6:00 my nurse decided to check me and I was complete! I tried to hold off pushing for a few minutes while the doctor ran in. After a few pushes he was here! It was such a whirlwind! I still can't believe how fast it happened. He was just very ready to come and we were very ready for him to be here.


Us with Dr. Ollerton
He is one of my favorite doctors and one of the reasons we wanted to have Henry on this day. He's been through a lot with us. He is the doctor who found William's birth defect on ultrasound. I was glad that he got to deliver a healthy baby for us.




William was so excited to see him. When he woke up from his nap today the first thing he asked for was to go see baby Henry.

Grandma Bleak

Grandpa Bleak

Auntie Katelyn

Uncle Bryan

Auntie Kristen

He actually has hair! It's so fun. It's blonde, but not as light as William's.

Auntie Amanda
Amanda was here for Garret's wedding and she was supposed to fly home on Monday. Since I still hadn't had the baby we decided to change her flight to Friday night and luckily little Henry cooperated!
I was really looking forward to having Grandma Bleak, my sister, and Nathan's sisters in the delivery room. Amanda was the only one that made it. She was stepping out of the elevator just as I was complete. I'm glad that she got to be there before she has her baby in August. While I was moaning and pushing I kept trying to tell her that it's usually not this bad because epidurals usually have time to work and babies usually come much slower.

Big Brother William helping to feed Henry

My darling boys! :)

Comments

Lauren said…
Congratulations! So glad everything went well. Sorry your epidural didn't quite kick in. I'm glad Amanda was able to make it for the delivery.
melissa said…
Congrats! Wow, you're superwoman. What an adorable family you have! I'd love to come visit you when you're ready for visitors. You look beautiful!
Kristi said…
Congratulations! He is adorable! That is great that Amanda was able to be there.
Joan said…
We are so happy that everything turned out so well this time around. You all look great. Congratulations to the whole family!
Amber said…
Hurray for you guys!
He is adorable. I can't believe all that hair. Wills looks thrilled too.
WOW! Fast!
2 1/2 hours!
See--shoulda gone natural (obviously I am completely kidding, I just am remembering our discussion of how maybe it's worth it if it's super fast)
Enjoy your first few days as a family of four!
kedwards said…
Congratulations! He looks so sweet. So happy for you and your family. Such sweet blessings in your life.
Unknown said…
That was a fast labor! We're so glad everything went well and we wish we could be there to see the little guy! I can't believe how big William looks. They are cuties!