William Stories

William is such a fun little boy! He is talking up a storm! Nathan keeps asking me if I am writing these things down, so here I go. Here are some of our most recent, favorite William stories...

*We had Stake Conference a few weeks ago. Bryan sat with us and happened to nod off during one of the talks. William noticed he had his eyes closed. He pointed at him, giggled and said "Bryan night-night."
*He has a very sweet personality. He is very affectionate. He gives kisses and hugs constantly. He is starting to learn "please" "thank you" and "sorry." He says "hi" and "buh-bye" to every cashier. Whenever anyone sneezes he says "bless you!"

*He loves anything to do with basketballs. He even says "baketball" (with no "s") now instead of just "ball." His favorite activity every week is to watch Nathan and Bryan play in their basketball league. He stands on the sidelines and cheers for them and then he gets to shoot with them during half time. When I tell him we are going bye-bye he says "basketball?"

*He has been eating with silverware for several months now. Breakfast is probably his favorite meal because he gets to eat with a "poon." Yesterday he had 4 bowls of cereal! He just kept asking for more! The other day I heard him say "Mmmm milk." When I turned to look at him, this was what he was doing. He figured out how to drink the milk in the bowl. It was really cute!

*One of my good friends from college came over for dinner and asked William what his name was. He looked at her and said "baby." We couldn't believe that he knew what she was asking. You may be thinking that he doesn't know his name, however I call him baby more than anything else and when we show him a picture of himself we tell him it's a baby. So, he totally knew what he was saying.

*He is very observant already. He was playing in one of our bathroom cupboards while I was in the shower. He found an old squeegee in the cupboard, took it out and started to squeegee the shower! I couldn't believe that he recognized what it was and what it was for.

*In church on Sunday I had to say the closing prayer just as William was walking out the back door. Instead of chasing him I had to walk to the front and say the prayer. I opened my eyes half way through the prayer to see him walking back in the door. He set his toy down on the diaper bag and walked up to the front of the room where he stood next to me folding his arms and smiling at everybody!

*He still loves animals, especially horses. This is the horse he got from Grandma and Grandpa Bleak that he loves to ride on!

Comments

Amy/Austin said…
Steph, he is so adorable! I just love his little church outfit! He is too cute! We miss "Mimi"! Hopefully we can play soon!

P.S. I am still amazed that you were able to wait until 18 weeks with him to announce it. You are one lucky girl! You hide those babies so well. You look great!
Keisha said…
I love William stories. It makes me excited for what's in store.

Still sad you have a sore throat!!
Michelle said…
He is so cute, and getting so big! I can't wait to find out what you are having the 2nd time around.
Michelle said…
He is such a smart boy! I love it.
Amanda said…
Ah little William all grown up!
Kristin said…
What a cute little guy! He is darling!