Happy 1st Birthday, William!

On Saturday we had a fantastic birthday party for William! It was so much fun. I think he had just as much fun as we did, too. We were so happy that so many family members were able to come. It made it so much more fun!

The cake.
I am so happy with how well it turned out. I couldn't have done it without Amanda!



Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Monk

Aunty Amanda insisted that I get a birthday hat for William. Instead of pulling it off, he just lost it! It was so funny. He really didn't like it. On the other hand, he loved the balloons! He ate breakfast the next morning with the balloon string in his hand!
He loved opening presents. He is so happy for new toys! He has outgrown all of his baby toys and has been pretty board with them lately.
My preppy boy
Trying on his new shirt from Aunty Amanda



Eating the cake


Almost done with the cake
We finally had to take the cake away because he just kept eating!! He ate all of the legs and a cupcake! He just loves food!!

We had a blast! I might post more pictures if I get some cute ones from the rest of the fam. Thanks to everyone for the cute gifts and for sharing this special day with us!!

Comments

That is exciting about the x-ray! We are happy William is healthy and doing well!

Looks like he had a wonderful 1st birthday!! You did a wonderful job on the bear cake! Wow!
kedwards said…
When my niece turned one, my sister left the cake in front of her while she ran to brag some napkins. When she came back the cake was gone. She thought that it would be in the high chair, but no, she had eaten the entire 8 inch round cake!
Heather said…
where did you get the mold for your bear cake? very cute.
Amanda said…
Of course I envisioned him liking the hat more. haha! That was a fabulous party and I think the polka dot theme was well executed. And I am so proud of how the cake turned out. I am can't wait to use it for another occasion and dress him up again. Happy birthday, will.i.am!! Are we having another party on Tuesday?:)
Maren said…
Amazing cake! It looks like the party was a success. I love your decorating abilities.
Michelle said…
I can't believe he is already 1! Wow!

The bear cake turned out SO cute! Good job Stephanie! Looks like the party was a success!
Stephanie said…
I got the cake mold from Williams Sonoma. It was packaged to be a Santa Build a Bear mold. But, I bought it after Christmas and got a really good deal on it. You can borrow it anytime! (I should warn you it's not an easy or short process to make it though)
Michelle said…
That cake is amazing! You are so talented. It looks like it tasted good too, since he just kept eating it. What a cutie!