The BIG Reveal!

I am so sorry that I have not posted this sooner. So, after a long wait here is what I have been spending all of my free time on for the past several weeks: decorating Bryan's house! It has been so much fun and a lot of work. Bryan and I are both really happy with the end result. When it all started I committed to do the main level. After all was said and done we did the main level, the basement, and the office. Here are some before and after pictures of all the hard work!!

Before:
The kitchen

Dining area

Living Room

Basement
I guess I never took a before picture of the office. So sorry!

After:
The kitchen

Dining Area

Living Room
There are so many things that I love in this room. It is my favorite room in the house! I love the rug. The drapes are a really beautiful paisley. Plus, the furniture is super comfy.

Living Room (different view)

This is the beautiful bookcase that Bryan found. I just love how it looks in the room!


The Basement


The Basement Bathroom
I really love this bathroom, but it's very hard to see in the picture. Over the toilet are some beautiful wood carvings. There are matching squares in the stairwell. They're just cool.

The Office

The Office (con't)

The Office (con't)

I'm really happy that we were able to incorporate some details that make it a little more "homey" like family pictures, church pictures, etc. My favorite places to shop: Tai Pan Trading!!, Ross, Target, TJ Maxx, and D.I. Yes, that's right I really like DI. I got all of the old books you see from there for really cheap and I think they added a lot to the living room and the basement. We used Bryan's own books for the office. What a fun experience!

Although a picture is worth a thousand words, I don't feel that these pictures do justice to the house. I'm sure Bryan would be happy to give anyone a personal tour. :-)







Comments

Joan said…
Wow, you did a really good job, Stephanie! I'm sure that Bryan is really happy with the results.
Lindsay R. said…
WOW!!! It looks so good! Good work Steph! You are such a good sister-in-law :)

ps- did you guys have fun in Chelan??
Amber said…
I was whining about the lack of pictures to Dan the other day, so YAY! here they are. It looks amazing, good job both of you. That bookcase is beautiful. And I love the idea of getting the books at DI. I'm with you--the living room is my favorite too. But I also like the dining room a lot. And the basement looks way, way better. I'm so happy for Bry to have such a nice home to live in! Are the carpets in the living room and dining room the same pattern, just different sizes? Or are they similar but not the same? I can't wait to see it in person at Christmas.
Amanda said…
Ok, I'd rather you not admit you like DI. Let's just clear it up for everyone that you ONLY like it for old books.:) I also liked William in the pictures. I felt kind of like it was Where's Waldo. Fabulous job! It looks like a model home. He's going to really impress the ladies!:)
Stephanie said…
The rugs are different patterns. The dining room rug has more red in it and the pattern is a lot smaller than the main rug. I was a little worried about mixing the prints, but I think it looks nice. Amanda, I also bought William a toy at DI and he loves it! Of course I sanitized it very, very well when we got home. The next week I saw the same toy at Target for $10 and I paid $1.50! I don't shop at DI regularly but they do have some treasures! :-)
Michelle said…
Wow! It looks great! Did you want to decorate our place too? :)
Michelle said…
You are such a good interior designer!!!
Michelle said…
Tell Bryan I said hi and that he is lucky to have such a cute place to live!
Maren said…
Oh... My... Word! That is amazing! Stephanie! My mouth literally fell open. Just dropped. just like that. WOW! You did amazing! Although i know you felt some pressure to have it turn out good, it must have been fun to just go out and buy all that stuff. Where did the kitchen table come from? and the big book case? Beautiful. All of it.