Sunday Afternoons

I suppose I should start from the beginning...
A week ago I got Diaw a harness and a leash. She is an indoor-only, de-clawed cat. She loves to go outside when it's warm and lay in the grass or in the dirt. I got her a leash so that I could take her outside with the baby. It's just too hard to carry both of them. For some reason, she thinks she can't walk with the leash on! It's so funny and yet so pathetic. The harness is actually quite loose and she is not in any discomfort, although you cannot tell that from this picture.

Nathan and I have really enjoyed Sunday afternoons recently. Yesterday we decided to take the family out to play ladder ball. It's a really fun, easy lawn game. And, since Diaw has a leash we could take her and not worry about her running off. We all had lots of fun! Here are the 2 cute kids in the stroller.




Nathan with the ladder ball game

Comments

Amanda said…
For that first picture, I was really confused because you said it's a picture of the 2 kids IN the stroller. It took me awhile to notice where Diaw was! So, I take it she hasn't really gotten used to walking with the leash yet? I know she is so pathetic with it on, but it's soo funny too! She acts like she's just going to lay down and die. haha
Maren said…
I love that you refer to Diaw as a child or family member. I think it is awesome! William looks so happy in the stroller.
Courtney said…
This post reminded me of one of our kitties who needed to wear a cone around her neck so a sore could heal and the first time we put it on she got "stuck" in reverse. Poor pathetic thing, but Eric and I couldn't stop laughing. Also placing a sheet of paper or something on their back has a "crushing" effect that leads to a slow army crawl escape from its enormous weight.

You have such a cute little family of four!
Kristin said…
I love it! Your cat is too funny. It looks like spring is coming in Utah! We are so close to getting spring, I can't wait for it to warm up!