Flower Arranging!

Since we moved into our house I have discovered that I really enjoy interior decorating. One of my all time favorite stores is Tai Pan Trading. They have tons of beautiful silk flowers there and I've always thought it would be fun to make an arrangement. My sister is in a floral design class and she helped me pick out some flowers. She learned about 4 things that every arrangement needs. Here is my version of the 4 necessities:

1. Something up high and down low- tall flowers, sticks, etc. for the top and then some to droop over/border the bottom.
2. An exotic/expensive flower to be the focal point.
3. Other main flowers that you like.
4. Filler stuff- greenery, smaller flowers, etc.

You put the greenery in first and then the flowers. I think it turned out pretty well and I had lots of fun. One of the best parts was that I did it for about half the price of buying an already made arrangement. Also, my grandma always says that if you don't like it you can just pull everything out and start all over! It's not as hard as it looks and I am looking forward to doing another one!

Comments

Amber said…
How talented are you! I'll have to refer to this post someday when I attempt a flower arrangement. It looks BEAUTIFUL! I really like the contrast of the bright red and the light yellowy and purpley. Very nice.
Kristin said…
That looks AWESOME! I really like your flower choices. I have heard that store is great.
Michelle said…
It looks great Stephanie! How awesome that you saved a lot of money AND had a fun time doing it!
Amanda said…
Well, first of all, I'm glad that I read this while talking to you on the phone so you already got most of my critique. I must say, it looks pretty good and you did a good job. For #3, it should be mass flowers, with a single rounded flower head. And, greenery should be placed last because it's a filler flower.
But, I am proud of you (and I'm glad you listened to me haha). It looks fabulous and can't wait to see your future creations. Bunn would be proud too!
Maren said…
At a way Stephanie! It looks great and i bet it is nice to have some plant life around.
Shauna said…
Beautiful job! I'm so proud! I must add that I learned that the arrangement should be 1-1/2 times the height of the container. My kitchen table really needs a new centerpiece if you're ever bored...