Candace & Adam's Wedding

April 29, 2011

Candace married Adam Dyal in the Mesa, Arizona temple on April 29th. We are so happy for them! They had a beautiful wedding. I even got to be a bridesmaid! Candace and Adam outside of the temple

Nathan and Lexi


Lexi trying to steal Henry's pacifier
She doesn't like pacifiers and she has never ever taken one, but for some reason on this trip she thought it was pretty cool and kept trying to steal Henry's.



Grammy with the twins




William playing with Anna outside of the temple.





My mom with her sister Karin and her brother Mark





After the wedding we went to a luncheon. Amanda, Tara, and I got to give a small presentation during lunch. Adam's family has a tradition where the family prepares a basket of things that represent the bride and groom. During the luncheon they share how the items represent the bride and groom. We got to do Candace's basket and we had so much fun sharing some of our favorite childhood memories!

Best picture of the weddding!!!

Ok, well definitely one of the best pictures... This was so funny! I was so happy to spend some time with Stanton's girlfriend Jenni at the wedding. I have heard so much about her and I had never really had the opportunity to get to know her as well as the rest of the family does. She helped watch the children while we were in the temple and then we got to sit with her at the luncheon. So fun! Her dad made a cardboard cutout of Stanton. We made Jeni take a picture of her kissing the cutout on the cheek. Haha! I think she was a little embarassed, but we had so much fun hanging out with her!




I absolutely loved our bridesmaid outfits! It was a group effort to pull them off. Amanda found the dresses at the Rack. Bunny added sleeves and length to them. I made the flowers with some very helpful input from Bunny. It's the first bridesmaid dress that I will wear again. (I actually already have!)




Me with Tara, Heidi, and Amanda

A quick note about Heidi's dress- She looked so beautiful! Her dress was the same designer as our bridesmaid dresses. Guess where she got it. Goodwill! How cool is that? She is SO good at finding bargains and looking amazing! I still have a lot to learn from her :-) She also did almost everyone's hair for the event, too. Thanks for all of your help!


A few pictures of the reception venue:

It was so beautiful!


The orange candy buffet

Candace's favorite color is orange.


Me with the twins












The bridal party



Candace found orange parasols for all of us. The flowers were amazing. Each bridesmaid had a different type of flower in the color orange. I had that for my wedding and it looks so cool.





The Shields Family



Special Cousins!

It was bittersweet for me to think that we are all married now! It's a new chapter in life. I really love weddings and it was so neat to see each of us get married in the temple. I told Garret that I wanted to make a collage of the 4 of us at each other's weddings. He kindly replied that that might be difficult. I said that it won't be because I have all of the pictures. He then reminded me that he was on his mission for Amanda's wedding and that picture is with Stanton instead of him. Whoops! I forgot about that. Maybe Amanda can do a head swap!



The happy newlyweds!

I just love this picture with the leg pop, the orange shoes, the parasol, etc... By the end of the night I think the photographer was pretty tired of us. We all kept suggesting shots he should get. He was a good sport and I think they got some amazing pictures.



Cute Garret and Karli



Special Sisters

We had fun taking a few "modeling" pictures. Haha! :-)





Amanda is a much better model than I am. I still need lots of direction.



Auntie Goo-goo with the babies




Lexi and Henry enjoying each other




And we ended the night with a family dance party! It was such a special day and I'm so glad we got to be there for it!

Comments

Amanda said…
Ah, I have waited so long for this post!! Good recap of everything. I kept waiting to see pictures of our photo shoot! For those of you interested in seeing more pics, send me your email so you can look at my blog. Lol. I'd say we're pros now. I own a camera & like taking pictures & even have Photoshop, so by Utah Mormon standards, I am a pro. Lol. And you're a good model! Especially when you have such a beautiful dress (you're welcome Haha) and a prop. Lol. Can't wait to see stuff from the rest of the trip!!
Jenni & Stanton said…
I feel so cool to have made it on both your and Amanda's blog! That practically puts me right up there with Henry, William and Lexi! I love seeing all of the pictures from the wedding though. Everything was so beautiful (including the bridesmaids)! I can't wait for you to come to Mesa again!! Hopefully sooner than later!!!!